H-1B Holders Can Work For More Than One Firm

Wed Dec 13 2017 21:49:16 GMT+0530 (IST)

Here is a great news for all H-1B Visa Holders. These Non-Immigrant Visa Holders may be permitted to work for more than one company during their stay in America.

The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) says H-1B Workers will be able to work for more than one employer by obtaining I-129 approval for each one of them. Which means, The new employer need to submit an I-129 petition before the Employee starts working for it.

Form I-129 is meant for obtaining a worker on a non-immigrant visa status from USCIS. There seems to be a big change in how H-1B Visas are being processed in 2017. The denial rates are expected to be as high as 40 percent.

As per US think-tank Cato Institute, 56 percent of the Employment-based green cards were obtained by the family members of the workers in 2015. The remaining 44 percent green cards were given to workers themselves. Around 85 percent of such green card holders are already living in US.