YS Rajasekhar Reddy has faced no opposition what-so-ever in Congress from 2004 to 2009. But now, A Leader with such a stature is missing in Telangana Congress and that is why too many Leaders are in race for CM Post.
1) Uttam Kumar Reddy: TPCC Chief will be the first person Congress High Command would consider if the National Party forms the Government. Despite TRS wave, He and his wife managed to win in 2014 Elections. Lack of charisma and not being able to bring every leader under one platform is a minus for him.
2) Jana Reddy: Congress Legislative Party Leader have the experience of working as Minister in NTR, YSR, Rosaiah and Kiran Kumar Reddy Cabinets. He, however, faces criticism from party leaders for having soft corner towards TRS.
3) Batti Vikramarka: This Senior MLA will be very active in party activities and enjoys good following as well. Questions he raises on people's issues and the way he fights for the well-being of farmers shows his leadership qualities. He is a Team Worker and have all the other qualities required to be CM.
4) Revanth Reddy: This Firebrand Leader remains a strong contender for CM post. His future would have been much better had if he wasn't involved in cash-for-vote scandal. Whether Congress Seniors allow him to emerge as No.1 in the party is a million dollar question.
5) DK Aruna: Known to be Gadwal Queen, She often makes her presence felt in the state politics with her aggressive nature. Aruna missed the opportunity to be PCC Chief few times. Opposition from Party Seniors is her biggest minus.
6) Komatireddy: This Nalgonda strongman is financial sound and enjoys people's support in his native district. Loose Talk and Not being a Team Player is a concern for him.
Any one of these Six Aspirants will be getting an opportunity to become CM only if Congress succeeds in defeating TRS in 2019 Polls. Can the mighty KCR be dethroned so soon?