MP Candidates have been spending almost triple to that of the election expenditure of the MLA Candidates. 2019 Elections will be remembered as one of the costliest elections ever happened in AP.
Here is the list of Top 5 Lok Sabha Constituencies when it comes to Election Expenditure...
1) Guntur: The battle between TDP's Galla Jaydev and YCP's Modugula Venugopal Reddy has been so tough. Mangalagiri Assembly Segment falls in the same Lok Sabha Constituency. So, Both TDP and YCP took it as a matter of prestige. Neither parties nor candidates hesitated to spend lavishly.
2) Visakhapatnam: There was a triangular contest between Jana Sena's Lakshminarayana, YCP's MVV Satyanarayana and TDP's Sri Bharath. Though JSP refrained from money distribution to the voters, TDP and YCP had tried to influence the voters in other ways.
3) Rajahmundry: Fight is between Murali Mohan's Daughter-in-Law Maganti Roopa and Bharath Ram. Both the candidates were financially sound and they had used all the available resources to emerge victorious.
4) Anantapur: JC Diwakar Reddy has openly spoke about the election expenditure. He admitted offering Rs 2,000 per vote for the victory of his Son JC Pavan Reddy.
5) Vijayawada: Sitting MP Kesineni Nani and Industrialist Prasad V Potluri had given a tough fight to each other. Even the election expenditure is huge in this prestigious constituency.