Juhi Chawla explains the motive behind filing petition on 5G in her video message

Wed Jun 09 2021 18:54:25 GMT+0530 (IST)

Yesteryear Bollywood Superstar Juhi Chawla, who was earlier slapped with a fine for filing a petition on 5G services took to Twitter, to give an explanation on why she had knocked on the doors of the High Court.



In a video she had posted on Instagram and Twitter Juhi Chawla said, there was a lot of sound over the past few days and she could not hear herself, and the main message was lost.

The actress said, they are not against the 5G services and they are welcoming it. However, she said, what they are asking is a certification on the safety of the 5G service. The research on the service should be published in the public domain.

In the 1:24 minute-long video, Juhi maintained that if the research is published, the fear among the general public can be addressed. The intention behind filing the petition is whether 5G is safe for pregnant women, unborn children, and old people.

"We are not against 5G. We are welcoming it. Please bring 5G. All we are asking is that the authorities should certify 5G safe. That's what we are saying... that please publish your research in the public domain. So that the fear of the general public is addressed. We just want to know it is safe for children, for pregnant women, for unborn children, for people who are old and infirm, for flora fauna," the actress said in the video.

Earlier on May 31, Juhi Chawla and two others, Veeresh Malik and Teena Vachani moved the Delhi High Court over the safety of 5G. Hearing the petition on June 4, the court quashed the petition and opined that the petition was file for media publicity.