Since the beginning of April, India has been experiencing the massive Covid -19 wave. For the past two weeks, India is making new records in new Coronavirus cases and deaths inculcating fear in the public mind.
As a result, several posts went viral on social media claiming that, from May 3, a complete lockdown will be imposed in India, to contain the virus spread.
In the Press Information Bureau(PIB)'s fact-check, it was found that all these posts were false and the government is not in the view to go for another complete lockdown in the country. Fake is being spread in this regard.
Taking to Twitter, PIB said, the Central Government has ruled out another lockdown and called these media reports false. Please don't believe in such fake and false information. PIB said.
It has to be noted that, earlier this week, the Union Government said there would be no another lockdown and urged the States/ Union Territories to impose internal containment measures to tackle the situation.
In the directives, the MHA said, the governments of the States and Union Territories can impose restrictions on social gathers, educational institutions, offices, buildings, and other places to curb the cases.
On Saturday, India made a global record of single-day Covid-19 cases and casualties with 4,01,993 cases and 3,523. The total infections and total fatalities rose to 1,91,64,969 and 2,11,853 respectively.