MLA's wife suffers burn injuries in a major fire mishap

Sat Jan 08 2022 11:13:32 GMT+0530 (IST)

There was a major fire mishap in Korutla TRS MLA Kalwakuntla Vidyasagar Rao on Saturday morning. If sources are to be believed,  Rao's wife Saroja sustained burn injuries in the incident. She has been shifted to a private hospital in Hyderabad for better treatment. Sources say she is out of danger.



According to sources, Rao represents Korutla and has a residence there. His wife reportedly was preparing snacks in the morning when there was a sudden gas leak in the kitchen. Suddenly, fires engulfed the room. Saroja was caught up in the flames . Hearing her shrieks, the attendants rushed to the room and saved her. They also alerted the fire tenders, which promptly put out the fire.

The MLA, who was not at home was informed about the incident. Saroja has been shifted to Hyderabad for better treatment. Those attending on her claimed that she was out of danger and the burns suffered were of minor nature. The MLA and other near and dear have rushed to the hospital.

Vidyasagar Rao has been with the party since the formation of Telangana and has been representing Korutla ever since.  Korutla is in Jagtiyal district in North Telangana.